PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, track popup from players are annoying

zubaran
November 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Is there a way to configure indicator-applet, even by config. files I find infos about changing song track very disturbing. Guess what, it switched off OSD notifications in Exaile for what? To see the same messages from indicator-applet!?!

diskotek
November 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
bump :) i'm also looking for an answer. but as i see it's only for evolution & telepathy, pidgin. but there should be a configuring file...well,i'm looking for it since i screwed it and can not see evolution anymore on my indicator list

bashphoenux
March 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
see if this article (http://superuser.com/questions/73200/remove-or-add-entry-in-indicator-applet-ubuntu-gnome) helps

OzzyFrank
May 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Looking around, it seems that Indicator Applet is MASSIVELY unconfigurable. And the unfathomably-large spacing between indicators - which of course cannot be adjusted - certainly doesn't get my vote!

obscenic
May 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
YES! FINALLY FOUND SOME MINIMAL CUSTOMIZATION!

I had to dig this up because evolution just totally disappeared from the applet one day....

Head on over to /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications

In there you'll find the applications that are listed under the messages icon. You can add and remove them. Each entry is a text file. The format is just 1 line, and the file should be named the same as the application ie "evolution".
Format:

/usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop

etc... You can head on over to /usr/share/applications to check out the name of the application you're trying to add if you're trying to add one that disappeared.