PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] CompizConfig Settings Manager on 9.10?

Zeta014
November 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM
I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 onto my first of 2 laptops (only just now on this one because 9.04 did not support my laptops wireless card for whatever reason) and wanted to install the CompizConfig Settings Manager because I like its interface (such as the cube layout and its easy to use settings interface). However when I found it in the Software Center on 9.10 it said that it was "Not available in the current data." Is there some way that I can get CompizConfig legitimately and properly working right now or will I just have to wait until it is finalised for 9.10?

EDIT: My friend has given me the process, I was simply finding the wrong App that I was looking for. Sorry for the post.

jackdirt
November 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
I too have had this problem of "not available in the current data" and i have been trying to determine if the software does not support 64-bit or if it hasn't been developed for 9.10, I get this error with almost every program. From inkscape, to 7zip, and Compiz. Any thoughts on why? Would the 32 bit solve this dilemma or do i need some patience?

a_petrov303
November 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 onto my first of 2 laptops (only just now on this one because 9.04 did not support my laptops wireless card for whatever reason) and wanted to install the CompizConfig Settings Manager because I like its interface (such as the cube layout and its easy to use settings interface). However when I found it in the Software Center on 9.10 it said that it was "Not available in the current data." Is there some way that I can get CompizConfig legitimately and properly working right now or will I just have to wait until it is finalised for 9.10?

EDIT: My friend has given me the process, I was simply finding the wrong App that I was looking for. Sorry for the post.

I have exactly the same problem as you described, but do not have a friend who would give me the process as you do ):P

please tell me how to solve this issue.

many thanks