PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO! Go Big-Brother

machiner
January 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/59566#12503055
(enjoy the madness)

Yeah - I know ...
but I still think it's funny and scary at the same time.

I'm a dad - and I'm hands-on -- but I'll be damned if I'll spy on my kids, or track their every move... may change my tune if I need to when they're older... At the very least I will filter their internet use.

The thing partents seem to forget these days, in our regulated society, run by corporations, is that kids need a long leash.

They need adventure and a little risk.

I know - I don't want mine to get sued, nor do I want to be sued because of them. They're not old enough yet anyway. But my 6 year old surfs, and is quite capable of downloading and installing -- in windows.

I switch between linux and winxp on their box.

My point is - there is a whole generation growing up the victims of FUD and corporate governance.

They are used to all the regulation and are growing up in a spying society.

I cannot believe the mess where in. I cannot believe we allow it - but we're vastly outgunned.

Sheesh I can ramble...

BWF89
January 28th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I hate how their putting security cameras everywhere and people are just going along with it. If I were president (dictator) I would force all citizens to read 1894 and see how they feel about those cameras then. Seriously, the ideas in 1984 aren't that wild or crazy. Mabye a little far fetched but nothing that couldn't really happen. Someday we'll have to fight a war against our (US) government and retake our civil rights from those who want to take them away...

Perfect Storm
January 28th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Rules are there to be breaken, I know that may sound a bit 80's anarkism. But that's my view rude'n'crude and some people might find it simpelistic or moronic, but hey it's the big corp and money who owns us, deciding what wear, what to hear, what to think, what to believe more or less. So I think it's okay to rebelion to regain the strength of humanity back to us.

And yes, the new generation and them after will live in a police/spy society where every step will be watched. Scary.
As I see it there'll be two diffrent goverment types on earth. 1. The Police states 2. The "outlawed states".

jdodson
January 28th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Rules are there to be breaken, I know that may sound a bit 80's anarkism. But that's my view rude'n'crude and some people might find it simpelistic or moronic, but hey it's the big corp and money who owns us, deciding what wear, what to hear, what to think, what to believe more or less. So I think it's okay to rebelion to regain the strength of humanity back to us.

And yes, the new generation and them after will live in a police/spy society where every step will be watched. Scary.
As I see it there'll be two diffrent goverment types on earth. 1. The Police states 2. The "outlawed states".

hmmmm. i think there are some truths to what you say. whereas i think there are some rules that we should all follow, some rules are meant to be changed. i don't think you were saying we should all rebel against murder laws or the like, however there are some in the united states that could use for people not following them.... i.e. DMCA, etc. however, i follow the DMCA to the best of my ability.

whereas i don't ascribe to anarcism, i don't ascribe to systems of domination either. it seems government has its place as it upholds certain systems of morality and justice well, sometimes.... or at this moment(in the united states) it oversteps its bounds to give certain religions prefrence(i.e. christianty) or corporations. ......

anyways.

BWF89
January 28th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I know that may sound a bit 80's anarkism.
Anarchy=People living in a sociaty where they don't need laws to tell them that killing and stealing is wrong.

Anarchy is a beautiful thing but it only takes a few idiots to ruin the whole system and create the need for laws.

EDIT: I pirate music so I guess I'm one of those idiots :D .

Perfect Storm
January 28th, 2005, 10:53 PM
exactly!

But Anarchy is now'a'days used as a where people murdering andn plundering eachother.
Perhaps I should have been more exact what I meant :-&