PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 Upgrade and problems with Listen (musicbrainz2 python)

nahuel_89p
October 31st, 2009, 06:33 PM
when i try to run listen, i get this:

/home/nahuel/.themes/Dust Burnt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:602: Murrine configuration option "highlight_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use "highlight_shade" instead.
/home/nahuel/.themes/Dust Burnt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:603: Murrine configuration option "lightborder_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use "lightborder_shade" instead.
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/musicbrainz2/model.py:21: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
from sets import Set

I think that the important thing is the musicbrainz2 issue. But i already checked in synaptic, and it's installed. I even reinstalled listen, but it doesn't work.

If i try to open listen in sudo mode, i get this:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Element'
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/musicbrainz2/model.py:21: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
from sets import Set
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "listen", line 200, in <module>
ListenApp()
File "listen", line 141, in __init__
self.option.run_load()
File "/usr/lib/listen/option_parser.py", line 113, in run_load
obj = bus.get_object("org.gnome.Listen","/org/gnome/listen")
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_change s)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
'su', (bus_name, flags)))
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/connection.py", line 620, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
nahuel@nahuel-desktop:~$

Obviously, the application doesn't open.

Thanks.

nahuel_89p
November 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Problem solved. Just delete the /.cache/listen and /.config/listen folders. Listen will run... but the library doesn't manage my media files properly... a lot of songs are named like "file://media/disk..." and i don't know why, any idea?

nahuel_89p
November 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
well, not really solved at all... it seems i have to delete the the /.cache/listen and /.config/listen folders every time i restart the computer. Otherwise it won't work.
Oh and listen process has a high cpu usage...

am i the only one with this problem? if not, i think that listen is really needing a bugfix version...