PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Crystal SVG will not install in GNome on 9.10

nmyrick
October 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM
How do I get the CrystalSVG Icon package to install in GNome on 9.10?

nmyrick

shafin
October 31st, 2009, 07:06 PM
get the theme from here (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Crystal+SVG?content=108398):
open appearence preferences and go to themes tab, then just drag drop the .tar.gz icon theme. You should have it ready.

nmyrick
November 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion shafin, but when I click on download Crystal SVG in the page that you directed me to, it takes me to a page called File Factory, that is obviously intentionally confusing and tries to get me to click on, and sell me, a lot of things I don't want.

I'm an IT person, and I can't even figure out where to click on that page to download the tar.gz file. Is there a better link?

shafin
November 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Filefactory is a file hosting site. Just ignore all the ads and Click the button "Download now with FileFactory Basic". It should be okay from then.

nmyrick
November 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Shafin,

Thanks, but that site is terrible! I did what you said and clicked on the "download now with file factory basic", and it still takes me to another site with more adds. Is there a better link?

nmyrick
November 2nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Shafin,

My apologies. I'm a new linux user. Funny thing is that CrystalSVG was there all the time, eventhough Ubuntu was telling me it wasn't.

All I had to do was go into System>Preferences>Appearance>Customize>Icons, and the CrystalSVG folder Icons I was looking for were right there under ICON-CrystalSVG-1.1.0.

Sorry,
nmyrick