PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10, incompatibility with SATA/PATA disk adapter

Fodox
October 31st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hello!
I'm trying to make a new installation of Ubuntu 9.10 from CD. My computer is a P3 1Ghz, motherboard Asus CUSL2-C, video 3Dfx VooDoo3, 512Mb ram.

I want to install Ubuntu on a h.disk 250Gb serial ata; my old motherboard has not SATA connections, so I buyed and SATA/PATA adapter. BIOS see correctly my hard disk, but Ubuntu installation has problems. When I am in the step 4/7, where I must choose the destination hardisk or partitions, I see noting. It's empty!

I escape from installation, to live CD. I start GPARTED and it see my hardisk without problems. I can delete and create partitions as I need, but if I try to launch installation (from live session...) I get the same problem.

Looking to syslog I can see this:

ubuntu ubiquity: error: isw: device for volume="RaidVol" broken on /dev/sda in raidset "isw_dfdefcahbf_raidvol"
ubuntu ubiquity: error: isw: wrong # of devices in raid set "isw_dfdefcahbf_raidvol" [1/3] on /dev/sda

Can you help me? Thank you and sorry if english mistakes ;-)

Addition:
In the same way, I have installed Ubuntu 9.04. In step 4/7 I saw partitions, but I could not modify them (no delete, no create, etc.). Exiting in live session, I made the partitions with GPARTED, restarting the installation I only have assigned the mount points in step 4/7 and I have completed the installation.