PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i just CAN'T install x1900xtx ati driver from site (((((

WoAnerges
October 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
ubuntu 9.10 x64

i'm downloading 9.3 version from ati.com
compilating deb's for ubuntu 9.04
running them
and than error appears that some file or what "....++5" can't be installed
i readed forums and do like they recommended renamed "....++5" to ".....++6".
but it not helped.
also i installed driver but it not appeared in proprietary list (((((
help me to install best driver so i would be able to play counter-strike and other 3d games :(
THANK YOU for any help!!!

Mark Phelps
October 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM
That's because there are no X1900 ATI drivers that work with Ubuntu 9.04 or newer. If you force the install, you will corrupt your display and have to boot into a console to remove them and restore the open source drivers.

You should really learn how to search the forums before you try to install drivers. There are LOTS of posts about this problem.

WoAnerges
November 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
That's because there are no X1900 ATI drivers that work with Ubuntu 9.04 or newer. If you force the install, you will corrupt your display and have to boot into a console to remove them and restore the open source drivers.

You should really learn how to search the forums before you try to install drivers. There are LOTS of posts about this problem.

thank's but i want to playyyyyyy counter-strike!!! (=
and when i just standing i got 90-100fps, but when moving - fps falls to 15-50 and old game CS1.6 getting awfull.
how to hix this in some way? please maybe some links or quotes %\

Mark Phelps
November 7th, 2009, 05:29 PM
thank's but i want to playyyyyyy counter-strike!!! (=
and when i just standing i got 90-100fps, but when moving - fps falls to 15-50 and old game CS1.6 getting awfull.
how to hix this in some way? please maybe some links or quotes %\

What part of "there are no drivers ..." is unclear? The open source drivers provide some 3D acceleration, and will improve over time, but there is no published schedule of any anticipated updates.

If you want to complain to someone (and you have every right to do that), complain to AMD/ATI -- they're the ones that stopped work on Linux drivers for their so-called "legacy" cards.

WoAnerges
November 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
nothing helped. i used than last resort - reinstalled whole system.
thank you "great friendly support team" ( (c) ubuntu's presentation page ), for ignorance.
bye.