PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't use mouse to move between desktops after upgrading to 9.10

COMTIBoy
October 31st, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded Ubuntu from 9.04 to 9.10.

Previously, I was able to move my mouse to the right (or left) edge of the screen, then use the roll bar to move between virtual desktops.

After upgrading, I no longer have this ability. I have to manually do this by using the right arrow (or left) + control key.

I really liked the 'no keyboard touch' way of doing this.

Any ideas why this might not be working anymore ? :guitar:

usc911
October 31st, 2009, 03:37 PM
As far as I can tell its been completely removed, seemingly it was deemed an un-useful feature. I think that's is possibly one of the most useful features!
If you find any more info I would be very grateful as I really want this feature restored.
For now im using a feature in compiz called scale, move your mouse to a corner of the screen and it shows all the current open windows. Not ideal but I dont have to change desktop with the keyboard.

COMTIBoy
October 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM
This is probably the only feature that has really caught the eye of 'others' who might be overlooking my shoulder when I'm working with Ubutunu. I can't tell you how many people have said "...hey that was really cool. How did you switch desktops so easily without touching the keyboard...?.".

I'll checkout the other option you mention below.

If it is truly gone...that would be a shame.

Thanks for the reply.:-({|=