PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Help - desktop toolbar switcher is gone!

rma88
October 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM
Hey everyone, like so many others I'm trying out Karmic. So far, I love it. However, im running Kubuntu, so I'm using KDE. Now, the little desktop icon on the 'panel' that show you the 2-4 or however many desktops you have is gone.

Now, considering I haven't found where the hot keys are to switch desktops on KDE, in kinda in trouble right now. Can anyone please tell me how to get the panel desktop switcher icon back? I can't switch desktops... and we all know how important that is.

It's not a 'widget', and there doesn't seem to be a generic 'add icon' that I've been able to find.

Thanks everyone, any help is really appreciated. If anyone knows how to set the hotkeys to switch desktops in Karmic KDE that would rock also, but I won't get greedy :)

sickly
October 31st, 2009, 02:23 AM
right click the panel > add to panel> and select workspace switcher

then you can right click the workspaces and configure them

exploder
October 31st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Make sure the panel is unlocked and right click on it, choose Panel Options, Add Widgets and add the pager to your panel. You can move the pager where you want it by clicking on the cashew, hovering the mouse over it, left click and drag it where you would like it. When you are finished make sure you lock widgets so things stay the way you have them.

rma88
October 31st, 2009, 02:42 AM
you guys rock!

exploder - worked perfectly, thanks. 'pager' :)

do you know how to set up the hotkeys to switch desktops by chance? its not under system settings -> keyboard and mouse -> standard/global shortcuts.

thanks again!

exploder
October 31st, 2009, 03:17 AM
do you know how to set up the hotkeys to switch desktops by chance? its not under system settings -> keyboard and mouse -> standard/global shortcuts.

You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to change desktops. I don't know the keyboard combination to do this.