PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Several Minor Karmic Update Questions

mlissner
October 31st, 2009, 12:34 AM
Hi all,

I just updated and while I'm convinced that my computer is suddenly faster, a couple things are getting me down. Any help would be much appreciated:
1. The notification bubble is in the wrong place. Some bubbles pop up at the normal place, others are one bubble-unit too low. It's ridiculous, and I'd love to fix it.
2. The volume applet on the taskbar is now located inside the tray thing. I used to have ti somewhere else, and I'd love to put it back there. The normal ways of moving it aren't working. Has it been changed to sit in the tray for some reason?
3. I use an encrypted disk (from the alt-installer), and my hard drive is now being displayed ALL THE TIME by the disk-mounter applet on my tray. It's as if it thinks my HD is an external drive (it's not!)
4. OpenOffice suddenly looks pretty crappy, with black boxes around various things, and menu entries having the wrong color. I'm using the Shiki colors theme, but it looked fine before.

Any thoughts? Help?

Jay Car
October 31st, 2009, 12:49 AM
Hey, can a little ol' lady join in too? :)

Jay Car
October 31st, 2009, 12:55 AM
Oops... not sure how it happened, but I Thought I was posting the above comment and pic on the "Post a Picture of yourself" thread (I had several conversations opened in different tabs in Firefox).

Oh well, a little embarrassment builds character, right?

Humble apologies for the mistake...delete me, please, someone. Thanks.

mlissner
October 31st, 2009, 01:05 AM
lol. I thought it was an amusing post. I think you can edit the post yourself. Not sure if you can take down the picture though...