PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Imprting Jaunty home folder into Karmic

rfLarke
October 31st, 2009, 12:16 AM
Okay so, I backed up my Jaunty Home folder and fresh-installed Karmic. Everything seems to work fine except for when I actually try to restore my Jaunty Home backup (Just extracting an archived /home/homefolder). Once I've done this, I reboot, and load up my account, but I get an error telling me "Could not update ICEauthority file /home/kevin/.ICEauthority", then sometimes (depending on how I've gone about this) "There is a problem with the configuration server. (/usr/lib/libgconf2-3/gconf-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256)".

Sometimes, depending on how I mess with my setup it will end there, or I can get my account to load up fully, with all my settings, but it has a lot of trouble actually doing anything, I expect because of incorrect permissions.

Also, when it doesn't seem to load up correctly, I get this error:

"Nautilus could not create the following required folders: /home/homefolder/Desktop, /home/homefolder/.nautilus. Before running Nautilus, please create these folders, or set permissions such that Nautilus can create them"

So if anyone has some insights on any of these error messages, and how to go about resetting my home folder to default permissions, or just... If I'm way off base and how to make this work like it should, please let me know.

-Larke