PDA

View Full Version : I think we should name a day as Convert to Ubuntu day! ^_^

hoppipolla
October 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM
that would be awesome... lol

On my messenger and that I'm declaring it national "Convert to Ubuntu" day but it's more than obvious I'm blagging lol It could be cool though!

What do you think? o.O

I don't think there is any kind of "day" for Ubuntu, certainly not a "convert" day!

A silly idea, but a potentially fun (and effective!) one nonetheless!

Hoppi :)

hoppipolla
October 30th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Owh! I thought it was a GOOD idea! ._.

schauerlich
October 30th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Owh! I thought it was a GOOD idea! ._.

^_^ nope! XD lol ._.

RiceMonster
October 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
^_^ nope! XD lol ._.

/thread

Giant Speck
October 30th, 2009, 06:44 PM
^_^ nope! XD lol ._.

( ^_^)=mm=(^_^ )

schauerlich
October 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM
( ^_^)=mm=(^_^ )

Epic fistbump win?

hoppipolla
October 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I though it was cool ._.

Oh well, fair do's!

Maybe I'll make some kind of unofficial one... :D

Giant Speck
October 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Epic fistbump win?

It's Mr. and Mrs. Obama's terrorist fist jab that E.D. Hill never elaborated on after the commercial break.

schauerlich
October 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
It's Mr. and Mrs. Obama's terrorist fist jab that E.D. Hill never elaborated on after the commercial break.

My attention span doesn't last that long. Plus, there was a GoDaddy commercial.

JDShu
October 30th, 2009, 06:53 PM
( ^_^)=mm=(^_^ )

That is truly an awesome brofist.

More on topic... what is the purpose of this convert to ubuntu day?

KiwiNZ
October 30th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I admire your enthusiasm , 10 points for that. But really there is bigger fish to fry.

Why not start small in your local community and organise an install day at your local shopping mall or community hall.

hoppipolla
October 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I admire your enthusiasm , 10 points for that. But really there is bigger fish to fry.

Why not start small in your local community and organise an install day at your local shopping mall or community hall.

yeah things like that would cool :)

I think the thing is Ubuntu is fast reaching a point where you really would be proud to show it to people. As much as many people have hated to admit it, desktop Linux including Ubuntu for everyday users has looked quite patchy up until quite recently, with uncertain updates/upgrades and sometimes underwhelming GUIs, the inability to run as many desirable programs as Windows and sometimes tricky program installs or dependency problems.

These days however we are moving fast towards a very solid and impressive system, without tinkering with it or having to spend months or years learning about it to get the best from it!

I think that over the next couple of years and beyond you will see more and more enthusiastic initiatives like this! lol