PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem while installing 10.9

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Dear Sirs,

I Have downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu and I was trying to install it today ! but I was surprised when I reached to partitions step that Ubuntu doesn't see any operating system though I have Windows 7 ! + it doesn't give me any partition from the partitions which I have , it just give me an option to use the entire hard disk ! I worked with the live CD and it gave me that I have two partitions and I was able to access them ! so could you please help ?

Regards,
Feras Allaou
www.feras.ws

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
i'm using Toshiba laptop and I installed the Desktop CD , does it matter ? or I have to install the Alternate install CD ?

ukblacknight
October 30th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I ran into a similar problem last night, I've got two hard drives, but it could only see one of them - the one I need to install to wasn't there. Apparently it was a bug in the RC version but it obviously hasn't been fixed!

I'm downloading the alternative installer, so I suggest you could try that too.

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
well thank u ,i'll try the alternative download and then i'll tell you the result . thank u again .

Reards,
Feras Allaou

ukblacknight
October 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Well, the alternate installer worked for me! So I'm guessing it'll work for you too.

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM
i'm downloading it & let's see what will happen ! thank you very much (F)

bakou1
October 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
i'm downloading it & let's see what will happen ! thank you very much (F)

Hi ther , i'm new user and have exactly same problem... just let me know if alternate cd solves your problem...

im my exact case i do have Vista installed, (4 total) windows partions ntsf -3 free on a 1tera hdd; installer ask me to erase or manually partion again (quoted; ''advanced''). For sure i tried my best but i had no succes and no help include to choose what settings are needed for linux on my existing partions. bunch of customization!!!/ :(0 info on them. thanx for your help.

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
ok I have just finished downloading it , i'll try and tell u

feras.ws
October 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM
unfortunatelly it didn't fix the problem :(

feras.ws
November 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM
any body can help ? still having the same problem !!:S

ukblacknight
November 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Did you try the alternative installer? Did that not work either?

feras.ws
November 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Did you try the alternative installer? Did that not work either?

yes I tried it but nothing happened !! the same problem again !

ukblacknight
November 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Have you downloaded a fresh image today? Maybe some bugs were fixed in the installer?

feras.ws
November 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Have you downloaded a fresh image today? Maybe some bugs were fixed in the installer?

Actually no , but I'll try today and tell the you the result .
thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Feras Allaou