PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to recover broken Koala upgrade

kbarron
October 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I was in the middle of the Koala upgrade. Files had been downloaded and I had about 30 min left of the install/clean up when my laptop accidently overheated and shut down. When I went to reboot I got stalled after grub saying could not mount certain partitions/swap not found etc. I am sure this is because files were in the middle of getting removed and replaced. I am running on 9.04 live disc right now and wondering what would be the best process to get back to where I was before. How can I recover etc? Or what can I enter after grub to recover? Any help would be great. I have no idea what do to. I know this might be random but any insight would be great.

moe_syzlak
October 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I was in the middle of the Koala upgrade. Files had been downloaded and I had about 30 min left of the install/clean up when my laptop accidently overheated and shut down. When I went to reboot I got stalled after grub saying could not mount certain partitions/swap not found etc. I am sure this is because files were in the middle of getting removed and replaced. I am running on 9.04 live disc right now and wondering what would be the best process to get back to where I was before. How can I recover etc? Or what can I enter after grub to recover? Any help would be great. I have no idea what do to. I know this might be random but any insight would be great.

I would download Koala 9.10, and install from that livecd. Of course, backup all the important data like documents and Firefox profile.

HolyJoe
October 30th, 2009, 11:33 AM

I had the same problem. The **** adobe-flashplugin need download when in installing process and with 1M/1H downloading speed. So I suspend the computer and want to go home and finish it, but I was wrong and get the same problem with you.

So, the question is How to fix the broken upgrading ubuntu???

PlayEdUdE
November 12th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I had an error halfway through installing the new packages. It broke my internet so i restarted. After that my system wont even boot I just get a white box in the middle of a black screen with a mouse.
I'm running the 9.04 live cd
Is there someway to recover a broken system using the live cd in 9.10 as was possible in previous versions?