PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] downgrading back to 9.04?

bilmas
October 30th, 2009, 06:09 AM
is this possible without starting from scratch? almost nothing works properly in 9.10: no visual effects, screen freezes constantly, cairo dock does not display properly etc

tonyyarusso
October 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
No, it is not. However, all of the examples of "almost nothing" working are related to graphics drivers, so really you just have one problem to look into.

CerealKiller93
November 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'm having alot of problems with it too. I had everything finally working perfectly on this thing, and now I'm back to square one. He says no animations, my problem is that i can't turn them off. Everytime i uncheck the animations box, or try to turn it off, it turns it self back on. This is very frustrating, i have an older laptop and i try to save as many resources as i can. Animations just slow me down. On top of that it takes about 5 minutes to boot up. I'm really unsatisfied with this new version.

I guess i'll just back everything up and start over. :evil:

EDIT: Ok i played around with it some more and i finally got the animations to turn off. Now I've got to fix my wireless card and figure out why it takes sooooo longg to boot. If i can work out my bugs i think i'll keep it.