PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I Don't Want to Upgrade. How to Stop 9.04 From Reminding Me?

handleyj
October 30th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I'm using Kubuntu 9.04. Yesterday the software update icon started appearing in my toolbar. It's telling me that 9.10 is now available, and click here to upgrade. But I don't want to do it. I have to right-click on the icon, and click on "Exit" to make it go away. But then when I reboot, it reappears.

How do I tell it to stop reminding to dist upgrade?

Thanks!

-joe

gunashekar
October 30th, 2009, 05:05 AM
K menu > System > Adept Manager I think. That should have option to turn off Release upgrade.

I dont have KDE/KUBUNTU Installed but on Gnome/Ubuntu I have Sofware sources where I can choose options in
System > Administration > Software Sources > Updates > Release Upgrade

handleyj
October 30th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Yes! Thank you!

It was here for me:

KDE -> Applications -> System -> Software Sources

But I suspect I have some extra packages installed as that was clearly a GTK app.

I did notice a KDE program in there called "Software Management - KPackageKit." That had all the same options as "Software Sources" EXCEPT the one about Distribution Upgrades! Unbelievable! I guess anyone using only Kubuntu is just forced to stare at that icon until they upgrade! Unless you happen to have whatever packages I have installed...

Thanks again, gunashekar!

-joe