PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Firefox slow in Karmic?

dhavalbbhatt
October 30th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Hi All -

I just downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit and was using the LiveCD to play around and see if my hardware was going to work with Karmic. It seems that everything is working fine, including Wi-Fi and sound. However, it seems that Firefox is running extremely slow. Any known issues with Firefox 3.5 in 9.10 64 bit?

Thanks,
DB

odindio
October 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Same problem here. And some pages don't even load. Cool preview may not even work.

odindio
October 31st, 2009, 03:17 AM
There are a bunch of updates from update manager that has fixed my issues.

dhavalbbhatt
October 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ha ha - it was the fact that it was looking for proxy in the "preferences" page...also the following launchpad error report helped

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.5/+bug/456038

Hope this can help others with the same issue.

DB

banzairx7
October 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Downloaded updates, tried the fixes listed in the link still doesnt work. This is unacceptable. The internet is the core of any useful computer!

timchesonis
October 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
I assure you, this is a local issue. Firefox works flawlessly on Ubuntu.

phillw
October 31st, 2009, 03:24 PM
Downloaded updates, tried the fixes listed in the link still doesnt work. This is unacceptable. The internet is the core of any useful computer!

so, post your problem, with details & what you've done to break it.

Or, you could always post your problem, and say what you've done to try and fix it.

The difference ? Attitude.

For general firefox problems, a very well maintained link is at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193567

I don't know if the thread maintainer is logged on, but he's pretty darn hot on issues relating to FFox.

There have been, as pointed out on this thread, a few issues with FF, but they're getting resolved PDQ.

Phill.

banzairx7
October 31st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Im just so tired of every time I upgrade ubuntu something breaks.

This is not a local problem. The bug report proves that.