PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Why is the Edubuntu ISO only for DVDs?

faithsnathan
October 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I want to download Edubuntu on my work computer and burn it onto the blank CD-R that I have for it. I intend on taking the CD home and installing it on my computer there after installing a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (no internet at home).

I look all over the web site (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/9.10/release/) and can't find where to download the ISO or torrent file either one for CD. All I see is the ISO and torrent for DVDs. If I had a DVD-R, it wouldn't matter (other than taking longer to download).

Am I missing something, or is that the pack to make Ubuntu into Edubuntu is only available on DVD or via installing it through the software in Ubuntu?

THANKS!

niite
October 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
it's an iso image -- you can burn it to what you want. if it will fit on a cd go for it.. you can also through it on a flash drive if you want.

faithsnathan
October 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
it's an iso image -- you can burn it to what you want. if it will fit on a cd go for it.. you can also through it on a flash drive if you want.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

If I try to put the .iso on a CD, will it fit there?

[Update] I am downloading the DVD .iso file now. I'll see if it will fit on my CD-R.