PDA

View Full Version : I guess I am a full-time KDE user now...LOL

cptrohn
October 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I tried the RC and the final release with gnome and for some reason I kept getting an error along the lines of
metadata crashed unexpetedly and the system would just freeze in 9.10 ubuntu..

So I tried Kubuntu 9.10 and it seems to be working with no problems....

I always used kubuntu on my laptop anyway since the power-save features were far better than in gnome.....

Such is life I guess... both environments are great anyway... no big deal.

hoppipolla
October 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
yeah fair do's man :)

I love KDE, I'm not really sure how to fix the problem you are having in Gnome though (maybe one of the Gnome guys will know :) )

SuperSonic4
October 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
yeah fair do's man :)

I love KDE, I'm not really sure how to fix the problem you are having in Gnome though (maybe one of the Gnome guys will know :) )

I wondered how quickly you'd reply to this thread :popcorn:

Good choice too :)
I love KDE especially K3B and Amarok although dolphin has good plugins (like F3 for split screen and F4 for terminal)

hoppipolla
October 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I wondered how quickly you'd reply to this thread :popcorn:

Good choice too :)
I love KDE especially K3B and Amarok although dolphin has good plugins (like F3 for split screen and F4 for terminal)

I know it's like lightning isn't it! :D

I also wonder how fast I manage to come to the rescue of KDE when someone starts insulting it in a thread.

... I should have some kind of chip inserted in my brain o.O

lovinglinux
October 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM

Kate and KTorrent are also great.

rcayea
October 29th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm so excited. I just got home and it looks like my gnome is downloading. You can always do the package install thing later anyway.

hoppipolla
October 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Kate and KTorrent are also great.

I know! I absolutely adore Ktorrent! It's my favourite torrent program I've ever used :)

I also love Kopete, but unfortunately it doesn't seem very stable :(

SuperSonic4
October 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I know! I absolutely adore Ktorrent! It's my favourite torrent program I've ever used :)

Ktorrent is very nice for what little I do torrent now. Kopete didn't seem that bad to me - nonetheless I use KMess because I prefer it and I only need MSN

lovinglinux
October 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM

I still prefer Meld over Kompare and gmome-mplayer/smplayer over kaffeine. Not to mention Firefox, obviously.

I also still like gFTP over whatever. BTW, is there a good FTP client for KDE or people just use Konqueror?

hoppipolla
October 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I still prefer Meld over Kompare and gmome-mplayer/smplayer over kaffeine. Not to mention Firefox, obviously.

I also still like gFTP over whatever. BTW, is there a good FTP client for KDE or people just use Konqueror?

Yeah totally, SMPlayer is wicked! I've never used Meld though..

As for FTP, I actually tend to use Filezilla! lol

SuperSonic4
October 29th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Smplayer is the best I've used. It can even handle mov in 16:10 unlike VLC

lovinglinux
October 29th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah totally, SMPlayer is wicked! I've never used Meld though..

As for FTP, I actually tend to use Filezilla! lol

FileZilla is superb, but I prefer something simpler like gFTP.

I'm trying Konversation right now. I guess I will disable my ChatZilla extension for now :)