PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I love 9.10!

G-Com
October 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I did a fresh install and 9.10 is really, really nice. I've only been using Linux for about a week. So far, the transition has been relatively painless.

Now if I can only get my wireless connectivity working again, all would be good.

Simian Man
October 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Now if I can only get my wireless connectivity working again, all would be good.

Why do you like something that you haven't been able to get working with your wireless yet??

It seems like so many people will blindly say a given release is the best ever no matter what it is actually like.

hoboy
October 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Why do you like something that you haven't been able to get working with your wireless yet??

It seems like so many people will blindly say a given release is the best ever no matter what it is actually like.

Well some people still have humour :)

peyre
October 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM

Maybe he likes the distro as a whole, but has had trouble with that one feature. I have my own issues with Xubuntu, but I've found it's the flavor I like best overall.

G-Com
October 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Maybe he likes the distro as a whole, but has had trouble with that one feature. I have my own issues with Xubuntu, but I've found it's the flavor I like best overall.
Exactly.

epee
October 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
It's OK, but I'm not sure I like the dark login page, and the default desktop theme I used to have is now considered 'custom' and doesn't seem to be consistent with what I used to have. But that is a minor niggle I'll get over.

I'll reserve my praise till when I've had no problems for at least a week of usage.

That said, I automatically went with 9.10 - no hesitation, but before I'll risk Windows 7 on my laptop I will wait till SP1. lol.

epee
October 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Why do you like something that you haven't been able to get working with your wireless yet?
My wireless is requires the RT73 driver etc. I haven't bothered updating those through the last 2 OS updates, as I can't be bothered with all the hassle - so my network is now hardwired instead.

I keep hoping we'll get PnP wireless someday - but the lack of proper wireless support is one of the reasons my laptop is still on Windows.

G-Com
October 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM
It's OK, but I'm not sure I like the dark login page, and the default desktop theme I used to have is now considered 'custom' and doesn't seem to be consistent with what I used to have. But that is a minor niggle I'll get over.

I'll reserve my praise till when I've had no problems for at least a week of usage.

That said, I automatically went with 9.10 - no hesitation, but before I'll risk Windows 7 on my laptop I will wait till SP1. lol.
I prefer Jaunty's login page, too. But, heck... it's the login page. The rest of the operating system is first rate.

Oh, and with the aid of poster HexT, I've got my wireless issue fixed.