PDA

View Full Version : No upgrade from 9.10 beta?!?!

Crowchild
October 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I've been running 9.10 beta for some time and was looking forward to todays release but when I went to the update manager it told me my system was up to date except for one package (opera).

Is it possible that there haven't been any changes at all in the last few days?

How can I check if the version I am using is still beta or not?

Thanks!

JillSwift
October 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I've been running 9.10 beta for some time and was looking forward to todays release but when I went to the update manager it told me my system was up to date except for one package (opera).

Is it possible that there haven't been any changes at all in the last few days?Yep.

How can I check if the version I am using is still beta or not?

Thanks!
If you've been keeping up with updates - as it appears you have - you've got the latest.

Crowchild
October 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Kind of anticlimatic... but oh well. It seems to be working great. Has been for over a month now!

Johnsie
October 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
It's like that with every relase... Generally speaking, if you are up to date 2 days before the release date then you already have the release version. It's too late for them to make any major changes by that stage.

NormanFLinux
October 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I tried to update Kubuntu Netbook Edition 9.10 and it reported every thing is up to date. I must have the release version already.

koenn
October 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Kind of anticlimatic... but oh well.
consider yourself lucky - you're already running the new release while thousands of others will be standing in line to get their download.

hetx
October 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
The beta does fail to report the upgrade though, or atleast I think I read that. Try running

update-manager -d

hoppipolla
October 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
The beta does fail to report the upgrade though, or atleast I think I read that. Try running

update-manager -d

ah that triggered a few last remaining updates for me (I was in the same situation as the OP) :)