PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10: Script with Zenity before login - where can I put it?

stony999
October 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hello,

I just tried to migrate my old Ubuntu Gutsy installation to a new one with Ubuntu 9.10.
In Gutsy I placed a script which asks for a password and then mounts a crypted device (dependend of the entered password) to the home directory.
That way I can have several environments for the same user (guess where you may use it).
In the script zenity asks for a password, in order to have a graphical input box when gdm is started.
In Gutsy I placed this script into
/etc/gdm/Init/Default

In 9.10 this doesn't work anymore, as the script is not executed here.
If I put my commands in
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default
then it is strangely exceuted later on, after the login. I think it runs in the background and just pops up later on.

I need my script to stop the current process, ask for the password, mount the home directory and then continue.

Any hint where to put my script?

Best regards
Peter

heltoupee
October 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I can second the fact that commands placed in the Init/Default script no longer seem to execute. I use this file to launch x11vnc and to display the gdm login dialog. I can verify that the x11vnc command I've placed at the bottom of this file is not executed at all.