PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 beta to full version

sbooder
October 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hi all,
how do I upgrade from karmic beta to full version?

Thanks.

Jackyboy86
October 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hi all,
how do I upgrade from karmic beta to full version?

Thanks.

"sudo apt-get update -d", maybe?

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Ditto, I have same question here and both update manager and apt-get update say I am up to date. I was wondering if it could be possible that the prerelease version with all recent updates except todays has had no changes? or if so many people are downloading that it doesn't register a request? silly idea perhaps but I'm not sure what's going on.

thank you

invitingdopeman
October 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM
same here peeps im haveing the same shity problum i still have beta with all the bugs and i want my 9.10(fixed bugs)

00ber n00b
October 29th, 2009, 04:11 PM
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade?!

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Nice idea but it still says I'm up to date already. Maybe I am? Is there a good way to tell whether one is running a prerelease version?

thank you

Gonchos
October 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Update Manager still offers a "Partial Upgrade" - not recommended if you really don't know what you are doing (which is exactly mi case)

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm confused that mine doesn't even show partial upgrade as an option but avoiding doing that sounds a good idea anyway, just read a thread on nightmares after partial upgrades. Back to being patient I think.

DistantDave
October 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure if I have upgraded to the full version either.

Does the full version have any improvements on the indicator applet/fusa or is it still the case that you need to switch users via GDM?

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I switch users by linking on the icon on the top panel on the right. It's really quick too. Is this the indicator you mean?

(It also has an option to show I'm busy/away/invisible - what this is for / where else this might be shown I have no idea?)

NormanFLinux
October 29th, 2009, 04:36 PM
If you were updated through beta 9.10 through to the RC, you already have the final version. No further update is needed.

DistantDave
October 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Well the old applet had a list of users, but the one I have makes you go to the GDM to change users.

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hmmm not sure if there was a question in your comment or just curiosity about the changes karmic has made: For info from the icon in the top right there is no list of users, when you click 'switch user' it goes to a login screen which has a list of users.

DistantDave
October 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hmmm not sure if there was a question in your comment or just curiosity about the changes karmic has made: For info from the icon in the top right there is no list of users, when you click 'switch user' it goes to a login screen which has a list of users.

Yeah - I thought it was something that they were going to change/fix.

Obviously not.

sk8trf
October 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I installed 9.10 RC a couple days ago to i have to upgrade to get the full version of 9.10? and if so do i need working internet?

susanw
October 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
By what other people are saying you have the newest version already. I installed on sunday or so and have been doing updates as they come but there wasn't one today to upgrade and perhaps hasn't been one for a while either. I'd say update when you can as normal but assume you're pretty much there already.

Gonchos
October 29th, 2009, 11:54 PM
so is it safe to make a partial upgrade now?:o

zackiv31
October 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM
My kernels all still say "development branch"

That's depressing... I want to feel like I'm fresh!