PDA

View Full Version : My cat uses Linux

Nevon
October 29th, 2009, 09:22 AM
When I popped into the shower this morning, I forgot to lock my display on my laptop. It seems my cat decided that my keyboard would make an excellent sleeping spot, because when I came back - this is what he had done:

http://i37.tinypic.com/241vv2s.png

As you can see, not only did he manage to bring up a terminal, he actually managed to enter a command correctly (I highlighted it for you in the screenshot)! I checked my bash history, and cat file.txt is not in there - so he didn't just press up, he entered the command.

Clearly I have underestimated my cat. :o

jrrader
October 29th, 2009, 09:28 AM
My cat once took hundreds of screen shots while I was partitioning my wife's laptop. I had set up the partitions and knew it would take a long time so did it while I was at work. When I got home I found all the screen shots and very little progress made. The moral of the story - kittens find partitioning very interesting.

Your cat adds file extensions to plain text documents? I guess he was planning on sending it to a windows user.

Nevon
October 29th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Your cat adds file extensions to plain text documents? I guess he was planning on sending it to a windows user.

The file file.txt actually exists (and yes, it was shared with a windows user), so my theory is that he typed cat - SPACE - f - TAB, because usually his writing consist of the same letter repeated multiple times.