PDA

View Full Version : how many of you use 3rd party software?

leveliv
October 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I am making a little deal with myself, sort of like a new years resolution but a new release resolution (that was horrible)

I am going to see how long I can go without using any downloaded apps or anything just to see how well I can use Ubuntu out of the box with all my day to day tasks. Cause before being a windows user I was always used to having to install all my programs after a format or fresh install..

but Ubuntu is fully loaded. It has everything you need, so I don't longer need to install all these programs as soon as I install..

But you all probably already do this, I just thought it was cool for myself to do..that and its ..4am here

Also as a side question, What does Ubuntu have to do with Coffee?

myusername
October 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
this is linux! it's all third party. no actually, we're the AFTER party of the third party.

haha but good luck. idk how long i could do that. especially without having to go install codecs or flash

AllRadioisDead
October 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
4am here as well.
I use dropbox instead of Ubuntu one so I can share files with my windows PC.

leveliv
October 29th, 2009, 08:58 AM
well at least I got my point across :P I meant programs like Picasa etc that have Windows clients as well. What I should have said is that I am going to use pre installed programs rather than ones I have to go out and get.

Codecs and Flash are going to my only expection though. I need those to browse and watch and listen to thing.