PDA

View Full Version : 9.10 Netbook DOES NOT WORK

mxmike51
October 29th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Just as with the previous releases I can not install netbook 9.10 on any of my Notebook Computers. I have installed the Desktop Dist. on a couple of pc's no bugs yet.

This is what happens:

On Averatec 3200, 512mB, AMD Athlon 2200: Upon selecting the install option at system boot I get the Ubuntu symbol in the center of the screen. That is as far as it goes! An eternal Ubuntu symbol on the center of the screen.

I used killdisk to wipe the HD and a memtest. Still get the same result. So once again I have reinstalled Fedora.

On Acer Aspire, 512 mB, AMD Athlon 2600: The install completes but when I restart the desktop is dead. The Icons don't work. Plus there is no menu on the top of the screen. Once again back to Fedora. I prefer Ubuntu. I think it is a more resource friendly. It seems to work better on older computers than Fedora does.

And I also tried to install the Desktop version with no success.

I tried to report this on Ubuntu's web site but could not find a link to a page where I COULD ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING. There is a ton of info about posting a bug but the page to post is scarce.

Anybody got a link to post an install bug please post a reply and I will pass this along to the folks doing the development.

Thanks to the folks doing the work to make this all possible. Keep up the good work.;)

And please get netbook to work.:(