PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu 9 on Virtual PC 2007

tekdude
October 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hello,

I am trying to install Ubuntu 9 on a Virtual Machine (Virtual PC 2007). But everytime I try to perform the install, even in Safe graphics mode I get the following error:

http://www.screencast.com/users/tekguy/folders/Jing/media/64abda1a-a299-4167-b7d7-1a035982133c (http://www.screencast.com/users/tekguy/folders/Jing/media/64abda1a-a299-4167-b7d7-1a035982133c)

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

I apologize if this question was already asked. I read some articles and they said to try in Safe Graphics mode. I tried doing Safe graphics mode with Installation and the option to just "try ubuntu". But neither works.

Mark Phelps
October 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Where to you see "Ubuntu" in the list below of Supported Operating Systems from MS for their product?

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

If you want to use Virtualization, a better choice would be Virtualbox (for Linux systems) or VMWare (for MS Windows systems).

pookiebear
October 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Where to you see "Ubuntu" in the list below of Supported Operating Systems from MS for their product?

If you want to use Virtualization, a better choice would be Virtualbox (for Linux systems) or VMWare (for MS Windows systems).

ditto. there is some tweaks you have to do to get virtual pc to install it sometimes. Virtual box (from Sun) is a lot easier. I googled a bunch of virtualpc settings and finally found one that worked for me about a year ago. but last time I tried it did not work. Virtual box is easier but networking is better in the paid product vmware.