PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Chm viewer on Ubuntu 8.04

@tticus
October 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hi ,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and I'd like to install a chm viewer. I know there are a lot of options here but I can not install any because they are not in my repository. I've tried to manually install them, but there are so many dependencies ... I don't have time to separately install all of them ...and this should not be the way to do it.

So could you give me a repository address that contains a chm viewer...i.e. xchm.
By the way is there a place to find all the ubuntu repositories ?
I hate that there are so many programs that are not present in my repo...like OpenOffice 3 and so on.
I have understood that my ubuntu distro is a stable one....and does not include all the new updates ....
Should I just upgrade to another ubuntu version so I wouldn't have to bag for a repo link....:)
If yes....can you give me some advice on how to do the upgrade ?

Thanks,
@tticus

phillw
October 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hi, this thread has the answer ...

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1212546

Regards,

Phill.

@tticus
October 30th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the answer but it looks like you have not understood my problem. I have tried the chm viewers suggested on the thread you linked. I can not install them because they are not in the repository for Ubuntu 8.04.
Please read again carefully what I wrote and if you have other suggestions please feel free to post them.

Thanks,
@tticus

Mze
October 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
try xchm

@tticus
October 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
xchm is not in the repository either.
Is there site that has repository addresses ?
I know I can copy a repository address in the sources.list file and then it should work. I'd like to know from where can I get those repository addresses ?

Thanks,
@tticus