PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu text VERY small

djuke04
October 28th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I searched quickly but didn't find anything, so here it goes:

I have Ubuntu installed and working on my desktop. It's been a frustrating process, but I'll chalk it up to a steep learning curve and call it a good investment of time. So on the latest fresh installation, I bought a 30GB solid state drive that I intended to install Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Windows XP on. Then leave the other two bigger hard drives for media and back up files, even an image or two of the SSD, the idea of which being that I'm trying to make it easier to quickly fix problems by reverting to a fresh install.

At any rate, things are going good so far - I've got Ubuntu back up and going, and then I put in Kubuntu to install it next. This time, like every other time I've used this disc of Kubuntu, it boots up and all the text is really small, mostly unreadable. Ubuntu doesn't do this, Kubuntu does. What's the deal with that? Is it just my copy of Kubuntu? Or is it hardware related? How can I fix it?

Thanks for reading, and I'd really appreciate any helpful advice!

That new guy
November 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
bump

djuke04
November 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I suppose I should clarify also that I'm using an HDTV as a monitor - it's a sony xbr6, so perhaps that's what's not working right?

I've been using Ubuntu and it works great, so I'm guessing the issue is with KDE. At the moment I've been having loads of other problems with Ubuntu, so I'm considering either reverting to XP (FROWN FACE) or trying some other flavors of linux.

Any suggestions???

chadlongstaff
November 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I'm having the same problem with a Sony HDTV and only with Kubuntu. Used to be I'd set a dpi in xorg.conf but those days seem to be over.