PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help

Amandis
October 28th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I installed ubuntu 9.04 a few days ago, but i could not get to use it as it really need a lot of learning, a screenlet install took me 5 days. so i decied to delete it, i booted to my vista and deleted the partition wich has ubuntu on, and after a boot it gives me an error grub loaing error 17.
I dont have a installation cd of vista all i have is a back up i make by nero burner i tried it but it did not work.

I hate going back to vista as I hate MS, I tried linux in 2004 also but it was too complicated for me too.

Can you please help in getting my pc to boot

Thank you

Amandis
October 28th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Anyone please

Amandis
October 28th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I installed ubuntu from live cd and then loged in vista and installed EasyBCD, hit reinstall vista bootloader and then write mbr then restarted pc and then deleted the othe rpartitions to save space on the hard drive

thank you

skyiscrying
October 28th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Hi. If you dislike Vista, and do not want to go back to that, then why don't you just let the Jaunty Ubuntu 9.04 install disc take over the COMPLETE hard drive? It is very easy to install.
You don't have to be a genius to get used to Linux - just be careful - but there is very much to digest and learn. And you only do this with reading and practice.