PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LiveCD Ubuntu 9.10 RC

iamjfarrell
October 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I ran the 9.10 RC today from the LiveCD and the whole time I was running it, it kept making my speakers pop. It was very annoying and has me afraid to install it. Has anyone heard of this problem?

Pnuts
October 28th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I am installing now, I got a few crackles several times through the install so far.

It also appears to be hung at 83% "Creating user..." although the HD seems to be working hard. There appears to be a new skip button that is tempting me to push it... o well, hopefully it finishes soon.

iamjfarrell
October 28th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I am installing now, I got a few crackles several times through the install so far.

It also appears to be hung at 83% "Creating user..." although the HD seems to be working hard. There appears to be a new skip button that is tempting me to push it... o well, hopefully it finishes soon.

Yeah. It was really weird. I hope the final release doesn't do that. Otherwise I will be stuck on 9.04 and I love to be on the blazing edge haha.

jimcuk
October 29th, 2009, 02:08 AM
yip still does it

mark.c.fernando
October 30th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I found a solution for this one and it has worked like a charm for me. Apparently it has something to do with power saver settings. Just:

Open the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
Change the options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=N line to read options snd-hda-intel power_save=0 power_save_controller=N (so you're just changing the power_save setting from 10 to 0)
Save the file.
Reboot your computer.

I got the solution from the comments of this bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/442463).

raven01
October 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM
u do know the final release is out right? lol

mark.c.fernando
October 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I know the final release is out. I am using the final release, and the bug is present in the final release.

RandomPSUStudent
October 31st, 2009, 03:37 AM
i found a solution for this one and it has worked like a charm for me. Apparently it has something to do with power saver settings. Just:

open the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
change the options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=n line to read options snd-hda-intel power_save=0 power_save_controller=n (so you're just changing the power_save setting from 10 to 0)
save the file.
reboot your computer.

i got the solution from the comments of this bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/442463).

solution