PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] YouTube video's can't seek?

BigG123
October 27th, 2009, 07:25 PM
YouTube video's can't seek? Anyone have this issue?

xuCGC002
October 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
What's your video card, browser, and Ubuntu version- and did you install the latest flash from Adobe's website, or the repository? Also no, I don't seem to have this problem with Jaunty and the latest flash in Firefox.

BigG123
October 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM
HP DV67000 Nvida 8600M I believe. 9.10 Karmic. Yes I installed it from firefox.

xuCGC002
October 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
HP DV67000 Nvida 8600M I believe. 9.10 Karmic. Yes I installed it from firefox.

Strange. I have a Geforce MX 4000, but that uses the legacy drivers. Do you know which new driver version you're using? I haven't upgraded to Karmic yet, but I will once I get home and I'll see if I have this problem in GNOME.

Jcink
November 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM
This is definitely a problem as of Karmic. I have this problem as well, it's extremely annoying. I did not have this issue until I upgraded.

An example vid that seeking doesn't work on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRxgBk2xwI

Any video in which the player looks like that; the seeking doesn't work. You have to click tons of times and simply hope that it moves. The entire click area of the video itself seems broken as you cannot replay the video, and you can't click the "HQ" option either.

Check this video out though, the player is a bit different for whatever reason, and you'll be able to seek it fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_W9NA6Fug&feature=related

This does not seem to be a codec or video card problem. Looks like a flash issue. I installed flash from the software center, and tried the one from the flash website. Neither are working.

B.Hat
December 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm having the same issue for every video I've tried except for the above one that, for some odd reason, works.

Searching online I cannot find any resolve. Has anyone on the forum yet found a solution that works?

Dubbayoo
December 4th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I am also having this issue on a fresh install of 64-bit 9.10.

ElSlunko
December 4th, 2009, 10:13 AM
It's just a bug with compiz (I think). A dirty work around is to right click anywhere in the browser and holdin it down and your left click should work again.

Dubbayoo
December 5th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I have Compiz installed but not enabled.