PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GNOME applets not loading

sadahalli
October 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I did an e2fsck on the system and after that, on reboot, the GNOME applets are not loading. I get an error stating

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet". Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?

I get multiple windows of this for different applets.

I tried re-installing gnome-applets and gnome-applets-data and it does not fix the problem.Also, When I right click on a panel and select on 'Add to Panel', I get the above error windows again.

System - x86_64 running Karmic

Any help..

Thanks

redzsky
October 29th, 2009, 04:08 AM
yeah i really wanna know how to get mine back as well after a crash on an installation when my power was cut .when i click on add to panel ,my panel just disapears and reappears and has the errors abbout gnome panel error do u want to delete config and i clicked yes .and reinstallin them doesnt work either should i just reinstall ubuntu through apt get will that work but will it keep my compiz setting and other configs? ? someone must know how to get these bits to reinstall pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help Lunix jedi masters

sadahalli
October 31st, 2009, 03:28 AM
bump..

Logan 1229
October 31st, 2009, 03:53 AM
Same here...

Turns out the disc I burnt had an error. Re-burnt disc then re-installed. Works flawlessly now.

redzsky
November 4th, 2009, 03:05 PM
reinstall my set up ubuntu thats going a bit far there must be a way to reinstall these main componets or get the os to replace them it may need the repair console or something or how do u check the os for mistakes there must be option or something replace the files manually from the cd come on gurus i think am half way to ansering my own question

redzsky
December 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
bump....................
guess all ave got iz my own thoughts on the matter .i guess its the kernel and that does need to be reinstall which means reinstallation is the easiest way unless anyone elese has any bright ideas....