PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this wallpaper?

raprap30
October 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I made this wallpaper for my Ubuntu remaster that is currently in progress: MaXbuntu - MAc osX buntu

Feel free to give constructive criticism :P

bodyharvester
October 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
i like it,

but Zenbuntu changed its name to Zenix, something to do with copyrihgt issues i think. As for what is clearly an apple logo, you'd get sued for that, remember that thread about apple trying to sue someone (woolworths, i think) because there was an apple shaped logo?

nice work though :)

stinger30au
October 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
holey ubuntu wallpaper batman

looks good dude

MasterNetra
October 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
nice.

xuCGC002
October 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I don't know. It doesn't exactly feel good to look at. It looks like you just pasted the apple tux over the OSX logo, and then a large ubuntu logo, then you colorized a smaller ubuntu logo black and pasted that onto the "heads" of the larger logo.

I don't exactly like what's going on here. :???:

Simian Man
October 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Well first off it violates the logos and trademarks of two companies who are known to be very protective of such things, it has four uses of the ugly Ubuntu logo which is overused everywhere and is just generally busy and awful.

I love the starry sky in the background though. Why not just stick with that?

pwnst*r
October 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
too busy.

the fix it man
October 27th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I dont think many people would use it.

raprap30
October 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah thanks for the constructive critism, I will try my best to correct it. Yes, I agree that its too busy, Would it looks better if I just stick with the Black ubuntu logo replacing the X, and the the apple logo will be a distorted Apple logo, and I will distort it to extent that it will look nothing like the Apple logo. (Woolworths got owned) :) I'm just happy that ppl are actually complimenting me for something I did as a first try. :) Do you think that it is worthy to be posted on DeviantArt? :) Thanks guys!

raprap30
October 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I don't know. It doesn't exactly feel good to look at. It looks like you just pasted the apple tux over the OSX logo, and then a large ubuntu logo, then you colorized a smaller ubuntu logo black and pasted that onto the "heads" of the larger logo.

I don't exactly like what's going on here. :???:

Oh yeah and the black ubuntu logos were badly traced and vectorized by me so.... Lol. Will continue working on this once I finish playing with Karmic :)

joey-elijah
October 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well first off it violates the logos and trademarks of two companies who are known to be very protective of such things, it has four uses of the ugly Ubuntu logo which is overused everywhere and is just generally busy and awful.

Seconded.

And if you really want to have an Ubuntu logo in there - just create a glossy black one in the style of the OS X 'X' instead of pasting the (quite putrid) orange on over it.

forrestcupp
October 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Seconded.

And if you really want to have an Ubuntu logo in there - just create a glossy black one in the style of the OS X 'X' instead of pasting the (quite putrid) orange on over it.

It wouldn't make a difference. It just has to look somewhat similar for the trademark police to come and attack.

You're better off just creating your own logo. Then you can sue other people for copying you. ;)

xuCGC002
October 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM

He can't as it's a wallpaper from Apple. Thus the "X" logo.

Tipped OuT
October 27th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Too much things going on and it kind of looks copy and pasted.

Good job though. :)

norm7446
October 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Need's more Brown in it. Yes, definitely more brown.

Simian Man
October 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
He can't as it's a wallpaper from Apple. Thus the "X" logo.

Oh wow so it's ALL just copy & pasted?? Yeah, making wallpaper is more than just gimping a Linux logo on something by somebody else...

N4zgu1
October 28th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I don't think that you will get sued for something as small as making a wallpaper, but I agree with the other guys, it looks like you just copy pasted the ubuntu logo and the apple-tux on the mac wallpaper, I wouldn't use it on my computer.

raprap30
October 28th, 2009, 12:32 AM
The wallpaper was a remix I made with the mac wall. So no suing for the background. :)

norm7446
October 28th, 2009, 07:04 PM
10 /10 for taking the effort and tiring something new. Still think it needs more brown in it though.