PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] multiple problems with Koala RC

kainalu
October 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hello All,

I have a few different problems that may be able to get fixed. I know its a RC and may have problems, but some of these are just too blatant to be simple errors. I think the installation was not completed successfully although the install app said the upgrade was successful. I cannot do a fresh install as I have no working optical at this time and am too broke to even THINK about fixing it, lol. Is there an upgrade log that I can read and find errors or attach to help you guys out?

1. Upon logging in, i get this error every time:

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_FastUserSwitchApplet".

2. The nice boot screen does not show up as promised. Instead, during boot, I get a strange boot-splash that reminds me very much of a monitor test or a printer test page, with shapes and gradient colors and such.

3. The logon screen, instead of being a nice, rich brown with attractive fonts and icons, is instead a puke-tan color with ugly, basic icons and block fonts.

4. Some programs (EG. the new disk-monitoring applet) are missing altogether.

5. almost every program is slower and some crash constantly.

6. I had a customized fstab, which was annihilated without my permission, which will take hours to repair, as I had folders crossed linked everywhere for FTP, multi-user purposes, and to sort my music better (its everywhere)

7. Firefox shows no cursor but will type normally, frustrating as I cant see where im editing

darkksyde
October 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I had a few problems with the RC. Have you filed a bug report on launchpad?

kainalu
October 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
for the fast user switch applet, yes. since that seems to not be the best way to get common problems solved, I decided to try to get the rest fixed through here