PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] what the heck..please help !!!

nicksantini
October 27th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Serious Newb here

Gigabyte EP45-UDP3
Intel Quad Core 2.83ghz
EVGA 9500 GT
8GB 1066 DDR2 G-Skill
OCZ Extreme 700w

This is a new build tha I am having a hard time getting Ubuntu to work on. Installation went just fine. I went into the display settings to add another monitor and since then I cannot get the log in screen for Ubuntu to come back. I have reset the computer, unplugged the psu, and even tried to boot into the safe mode of Ubuntu....do i need to reinstall?
Thanks

tommynz1975
October 27th, 2009, 04:54 AM
ok so what do you see?

the computer is turned off . you then turn it on without any cds or usb drives pluged in

nicksantini
October 27th, 2009, 06:47 AM
more has been revealed...

After installing Ubuntu 9.04 I have had nothing but headaches. Probably of my own making. Nevertheless. Ubuntu is now loading up just fine. One thing that is not working properly is the Display setup for 2 monitors. I press the detect monitors button, this detects my 2nd monitor and then I click the button to turn on monitor and apply settings to dual monitors, and then my main screen goes blank. To get display back to my main monitor I have to not completely power down the computer. If I just reset the computer then the Ubuntu loading screen comes on then goes away without the Username and Password screen. The screen is just blank. So if I completely shut down then Ubuntu will allow me to login. I have tried making the other monitor the main and so on but same problem...what to do, what to do

gareththegeek
October 27th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Do you get any error message at any point?

nicksantini
October 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
no error messages

nicksantini
October 28th, 2009, 04:30 AM
bump