PDA

View Full Version : Question for Opera users on GTK

sports fan Matt
October 27th, 2009, 03:46 AM
With Firefox, if you use something other then the default gtk..it may or may not look right/place nice with a particular theme you have installed..Do you guys feel the same behavior is applicable in either the current Opera 10 release or the beta release?

Skripka
October 27th, 2009, 03:52 AM
With Firefox, if you use something other then the default gtk..it may or may not look right/place nice with a particular theme you have installed..Do you guys feel the same behavior is applicable in either the current Opera 10 release or the beta release?

Well Opera is a Qt app. Firefox is an XUL app. Neither will really follow GTk settings/looks automagically.

Frak
October 27th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Neither of them use GTK. Firefox emulates whatever the host is using, and Opera has it's own theme. Opera looks the same regardless of your current DE. Much like Google Chrome.

sports fan Matt
October 27th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I didn't know that :) My choice in wording wasn't the best :lolflag:..I had meant to say theme but I thought that word had gotten overused :)

misfitpierce
October 27th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Firefox does an alright job of trying to integrate as well as possible into your current GTK theme though, Opera as said is more like Chrome where its just set as its own theme. Even the icon in tray does not fit well into GTK theme but Opera is still decent but I still prefer the fox, midori, and arora.

joey-elijah
October 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Opera looks gorgeous under Gnome if you use the QT4 version.

3rdalbum
October 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
There are Clearlooks and Ubuntu Human (Dapper) themes for Opera 10, but they don't quite look right. It's the second-biggest annoyance I have with Opera, but I guess if they made it a native GTK app all the KDE users would have the same problem that I currently have.

jaxxstorm
October 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Opera looks gorgeous under Gnome if you use the QT4 version.

It certainly does.

sports fan Matt
October 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
3rd, may I ask what problem is that? (or is the problem maybe the themes are I guess your saying outdated and won't work with Opera 10 in this case??