PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fixed background for file browser

oohbuntoo
October 26th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I am using a picture instead of the default patterns provided to dress up my file browser background. I am wondering if there is a way to fix said background so it doesn't scroll??

oohbuntoo
May 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I am using a picture instead of the default patterns provided to dress up my file browser background. I am wondering if there is a way to fix said background so it doesn't scroll??

Wow....thanks to everyone who has taken a look at this thread. I'm surprised no solution yet. I do think it's possible. I was wondering if the same thing could be done with the terminal, and BAM, Lucid 10.04 handled that. So, if the background can be fixed [non-scrolling] in terminal, it's GOT to be possible for the file browser window. Any Ideas????

mcduck
May 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
So, if the background can be fixed [non-scrolling] in terminal, it's GOT to be possible for the file browser window. Any Ideas????
They are two completely different programs so no, one having some feature doesn't mean that the other would have it...

After a quick look at the options available in gconf, I'd say that fixed background image is not possible with Nautilus.

oohbuntoo
June 2nd, 2010, 11:31 PM
They are two completely different programs so no, one having some feature doesn't mean that the other would have it...

After a quick look at the options available in gconf, I'd say that fixed background image is not possible with Nautilus.

Fiddlesticks.....