PDA

View Full Version : [other] linux mint-what the hell is going on with nautilus

irish66
October 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Hi, every time i try to get property information on files,nautilus
closes and re-opens.
the terminal displays no informaton whatever
I'l try uninstalling and reinstalling

nope, no good. I have discovered that it only does it with audio files and playlists. I have also discovered that totem movie player is opening
for a second when i ask it to run and then shutting down.
M

oboedad55
October 26th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Have you tried the Mint forums? I know there's not lots of activity there but this might be an issue peculiar to Mint. I'm also running Mint 7 but haven't run across this.

LewRockwell
October 26th, 2009, 12:59 AM
we know Ken Starks claims good results with Mint but we tried it...not once, but twice...

We're not using or recommending it now though...

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/10/twisting-path-to-linux.html

irish66
October 26th, 2009, 01:31 AM
ken Stark, is he anything to Tony :)
no, i haven't been to the mint forums in while. I usually come here But I supose Ill post there if i can't get a satifactory solution.
I did have problems with Nautilus closing and reopening before, and I went over to thunar.
so i might do that again.
I also think I'm running an earlier version of Linux MINT. WeLL, IT's an earlier version i burnt to cd or dvd.
okay, now i have to tell story
desktop computer running multi boot of windows and linux mint.
computer broke-new computer, reinstalled linux mint from cd.
so back to multi boot of linux and windows.
but does linux upgrade to most up to date distro through pacage manager or does user have to copy it to cd or dvd and install.
Anyway thanks for suggestion
M

irish66
October 26th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hi. i hit the mark all upgrades button in pacage manager and that stopped
the problem with both nautilus and movie player. But nautilus no longer shows the bit rate of audio files. So i'll have to look up what i need to do to get that back now. Okay, I found the answer to that at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=878683.
All back to normal for the moment anyhow.
M