PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Cliq/Dext or HTC Hero?

PhoenixMaster00
October 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hello folks been looking at upgrading my G1 but undecided on which one to upgrade to.

One the one hand the Dext has a physical keyboard and the Motoblur system while the Hero has the Sense UI and has just released its Kernel source code to developers for lots of cools possibilities.

Anyone got either? What are the Pros and Cons?

Thanks in advance people!

misfitpierce
October 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM
The Cliq in my opinion... It is amazing and I will be getting it soon myself. The setup on it for using facebook, myspace and all the other protocols for keeping in touch is amazing... Its a moto designed thing and works awesomely... I'll be getting the Cliq soon for T-Mobile myself!

PhoenixMaster00
October 25th, 2009, 08:02 PM
The Cliq in my opinion... It is amazing and I will be getting it soon myself. The setup on it for using facebook, myspace and all the other protocols for keeping in touch is amazing... Its a moto designed thing and works awesomely... I'll be getting the Cliq soon for T-Mobile myself!

Yes that was tempting me but apparently HTC's Hero has something similiar but not quite on that scale.

I mean on the one side the Cliq/Dext looks great probably is great but i feel that the Hero can only get better. Its a tough decision plus i seems the Cliq/Dext doesnt have multi touch support.

misfitpierce
October 25th, 2009, 08:20 PM
That's true but the Cliq is still an amazing looking and operating handheld. Get what you feel best with though. I am going with mytouch 3g or Cliq personally but go to the stores that have them and try using them and see what you feel best with.

joey-elijah
October 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
If you can afford it when it lands - get the Droid. By gods it looks and behaves divine.

The sony ericsson Rachel will be packing a 1gz snapdragon if speed sways it for you.

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'll either get the Cliq or the Samsung Behold II (comes out on the 18th). I'm not sure which. One thing I like about the Cliq that isn't talked about, is the Photo sharing. I always hated with Android 1.0 was that Picasa was not integrated (how can Google not integrate their own Photo cloud service????). But Motoblur has it. And Facebook/Myspace/Photobucket.

But the only thing is that the phone is a little bulky. So I'm not sure.

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 08:41 PM
If you can afford it when it lands - get the Droid. By gods it looks and behaves divine.

The sony ericsson Rachel will be packing a 1gz snapdragon if speed sways it for you.

I think the droid looks like it was designed in 1998. Aesthetically, I mean.

Pasdar
October 25th, 2009, 08:43 PM
HTC Hero of course and if you still want to wait, Acer Liquid.

meeples
October 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm getting the htc hero. because it is awesome.

syncs your contcts with facebook flickr and twitter and stuff, cna multitask (unlike the iphone) and it'll get better and better as android comes along. :)nearly every review ive seen has gave it 4/5 stars :)

i dont like motorola, never have tbh,

goodbye moto.

jaxxstorm
October 25th, 2009, 08:50 PM
The Dext's hardware keyboard was the selling point for me.

PhoenixMaster00
October 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
HTC Hero of course and if you still want to wait, Acer Liquid.

Hmm i think ill wait that Acer Liquid actually looks pretty awesome (although so does the Sony Ericsson Rachael)! Thanks for pointing that out. I wouldnt mind mixing the features of HTC's Sense UI with that phone. If i had more patience and money then maybe i would go for the Rachael :P

BuffaloX
October 26th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Just don't by the iCant I heard that sucks. :P

helliewm
October 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Dext is lovely. Still using G1 for some stuff as its rooted but I can say it will be fantastic when I had the chance to set it up as I want it. Tied with family stuff at the moment but so far the Dext looks lovely.

Edit Orange is also far more reliable than T-Mobile too, network was always going down for us on T-Mobile.