PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] New Ubuntu Update

socool274
October 25th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The current version of Ubuntu seems to be... filled with bugs. I do get crashes. When is a more stable release of Ubuntu going to be released? It would also be nice if they updated the sound drivers, they don't work on my computer.

zvacet
October 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Click (http://www.ubuntu.com/)

socool274
October 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Aahhh, thanks. I hope this version fixes the crashing bug that I am having with 9.04.

Mark Phelps
October 26th, 2009, 04:33 AM
The current version of Ubuntu seems to be... filled with bugs. I do get crashes. It would also be nice if they updated the sound drivers, they don't work on my computer.

Have you posted threads on either of these problems?

Unreported problems don't just get fixed by magic.

If you report them, perhaps we can fix them in 9.04. But presuming that 9.10 is automatically going to fix them is a bad presumption.

vinutux
October 26th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Have you posted threads on either of these problems?

Unreported problems don't just get fixed by magic.

If you report them, perhaps we can fix them in 9.04. But presuming that 9.10 is automatically going to fix them is a bad presumption.

+1

Plz...... explain more about your prob.............

socool274
October 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
My problems are quite common, and I am sure that they have been reported already. If you must know, one of the most annoying of all of the bugs is the lack of sound. I have gone through the tutorial on this website for getting sound to work. Another is not having wireless work, although 9.10 (I have it, now) is working perfectly for wireless. Also, when I am using a computationally expensive program, my computer locks up. This is an odd state, because my mouse moves around with no problems, but any key press and mouse click is completely unresponsive. I cannot open the terminal to do anything, so the only option when that happens is a hard shut down.