PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade from Intrepid to Koala

danebramaged
October 25th, 2009, 06:05 AM
I am currently running on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, 8.10. Can I upgrade from 8.10 to Karmic Koala 9.1 directly or, do I need to be on Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 first?

MelDJ
October 25th, 2009, 06:07 AM
you need to do the upgrade in stages. so yes, you have to get jaunty unless you want to do a fresh install

danebramaged
October 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
you need to do the upgrade in stages. so yes, you have to get jaunty unless you want to do a fresh install

Then I think I'd better wait and see how it goes for everybody else. 9.04 didn't go too well for me so, I fell back to 8.10.

It sounds like maybe I'd better just burn my own iso and wipe everything out, and start over from scratch.

With Grub 2.0 and ext4 this should prove to be interesting. I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and am maxed out at 1 Gig of RAM and a 8x AGP 512 meg Nvidia video card however, I do have two Seagate 320 meg hardrives that I am hoping to get ext4 up and running on. I was hoping on doing this with 9.04 but I ran into too many other issues and, apparently they backed off on recommending ext4 under 9.04 to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up.
tayl