PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AWN manager doesnt show active applications

ixs
October 25th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I've googled around a lot on this problem, but cant find that anyone had problems with this.. Well, this is the problem:

I've installed version 0.3.2 from synaptic, on a clean install of ubuntu 9.04. AWN launches perfectly and shows the two applets I've set as default: "Hide windows and show desktop" as well as the weather forecast. But the active applications, such as terminal windows, firefox, thunderbird etc. doesnt show.. What to do? Hope you understand my problem.. :)

YarDYar
October 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I have the same problem, but I did something different:

I installed the KDE so that I could choose between KDE and Gnome. I tried the KDE once and then back to gnome.

The AWN manager showed active applications at first, but some of my other icons were missing, so I deleted them from launcher preferences.

That's when my the icons for the active applications disappeared - while I still had Dock Preferences open. They haven't re-appeared after rebooting and switching from KDE back to Gnome.

Any ideas? Should this be filed as a bug?

Edit: There are also 2 instances of AWN running when I log on with Gnome. When I log onto the KDE, there are 3.