PDA

View Full Version : New to Ubuntu... Hello!

arene
October 25th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope two days ago as oppose to windows vista previously. I have already learned quite a bit from this forum, and the Ubuntu documentation, and even set up an a apache server with DNS running off my hard drive... (something I've wanted to do since I started attempting php about 5ish years ago).

I just wanted to say Hello, and throughout my troubleshooting the past couple days I've noticed the community of this forum is really great. It seems very open to questions and help.

And thank you for providing such a great resource for this OS.

I hope to be helpful to the Ubuntu Community.

Bachstelze
October 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Welcome! :)

samh785
October 25th, 2009, 04:46 AM
You'll find that these forums are one of the single greatest resources for any help (technical or otherwise) available.

Welcome to the community!

One of us. One of us. ;)

Mauler5858
October 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Welcome....we put the fun in dysfunctional!

Sealbhach
October 25th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Welcome. Glad to hear the community is still putting out the good vibes.

kixome
October 25th, 2009, 05:08 AM
these guys (most of us) are even good enough to offer advice to windows users, for example, (switch to linux!) J/k really these are some awesome forums.

hellmet
October 25th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Welcome.. and I hope you stay here(with Ubuntu), forever.

misfitpierce
October 25th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the best forums on the planet with the best community on earth... oh forgot the best people in the community in the world also... haha :P

Also welcome to the wonderful world of Ubuntu and if any questions ever, just ask on the boards in the section you think is right and everyone will do their best to help you... This is my favourite community on the whole internet, even if to just chat in the Community Cafe about random stuff!

lisati
October 25th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Welcome!
Don't be scared to ask questions, or even answer questions others have submitted.
We're a diverse bunch here, with a variety of backgrounds. Some of us have even been using computers since the days when punched cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card) were a lot more common as an input medium.

gjoellee
October 25th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome friend!

If you have ANY questions about Ubuntu you may use the forums to get an anwser. Have a good time with Ubuntu and Linux :P

hoppipolla
October 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
yay welcome!

Hope you're enjoying Ubuntu, it really is very cool ^_^

Apache servers are fun yeah I used to like doing that too :)

jaxxstorm
October 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope two days ago as oppose to windows vista previously. I have already learned quite a bit from this forum, and the Ubuntu documentation, and even set up an a apache server with DNS running off my hard drive... (something I've wanted to do since I started attempting php about 5ish years ago).

I just wanted to say Hello, and throughout my troubleshooting the past couple days I've noticed the community of this forum is really great. It seems very open to questions and help.

And thank you for providing such a great resource for this OS.

I hope to be helpful to the Ubuntu Community.

you don't know what you're letting yourself in for :P

vinutux
October 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the UBUNTU world.........

http://www.wunderman.com/Content/assets/1_Hero.jpg