PDA

View Full Version : wireless mouse v.s. corded mouse?

sandyd
October 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I recently broke my corded mouse, so i went hunting for another one.
I found a logitech mx1000 in my cousin's closet (along with a ms wireless presenter, but that one didn't work as well as i hoped)

and for some reason, the movement of the mouse and the pointer on the screen feels.... weird.

the acceleration in the settings was originally 2.0x so i tuned it down to 1.5x, but i still felt something was kinda wrong...

is it just me? or are wireless mice supposed to be like this.

tom66
October 25th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I've found all good mice have better acceleration (sensitivity?) than the cheaper ones. Just turn down the acceleration.

river226
October 25th, 2009, 12:03 AM
While i have never noticed it myself, i have friends who have also noticed a difference, so i would say it's not just you but pretty typical.

Crunchy the Headcrab
October 25th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I use a standard microsoft wireless mouse and I don't notice a difference when I ust it, or when I use the dell wireless mouse (I didn't buy it, don't look at me like that). I do however have a slightly higher end logitech laser mouse, which also feels...weird to me. I think it's just because I'm not used to it.

Long story short, the quality of the mouse, not whether it's wireless or not makes the most difference for me.

cariboo
October 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I have both a Logitech and a Microsoft wireless mice. I prefer the MS, it just seems to feel right to me. The Logitech seems to be fussy about what type of surface it is on. On some surfaces it seems to work really well, and on other surfaces it feels weird like carlee said.

AlphaLexman
October 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I have noticed that if I put my cell phone too close to my usb wireless mouse, it acts slowly and irratictally (sp?).

sandyd
October 25th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I have noticed that if I put my cell phone too close to my usb wireless mouse, it acts slowly and irratictally (sp?).
its called 2.4 GHz interference :)

means your phone and wireless mouse are using the same frequency.
(even though i don't know if its actually 2.4GHz or not, most phones and wireless devices such as bluetooth are)

koleoptero
October 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I used to have a wireless microsoft mouse and a wireless lazer sweex mouse, and a logitech (can't remember the model) and I now have a wired mouse and I can testify that it responds waaay better than the wireless ones.

sandyd
October 25th, 2009, 12:27 AM
thanks guys!

i guess ill have to get used to the weird acceleration.