PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Disable desktop icons??

LinLou
October 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hey there,

Anyone knows how can i disable the icons on the desktop?

Cheers.

sisco311
October 24th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Press Alt+F2 and type:

gconf-editor
Navigate to “apps > nautilus > preferences” and on the right-side look for “show_desktop”. Toggling this will toggle, in real-time, the icons from being displayed on your Desktop

LinLou
October 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Ok i did that.. but i dont want to actually disable the whole desktop.. i want to disable the icons. I still want to be able to right click on the desktop etc.. Is there any way of doing that?

Thnx

MelDJ
October 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
how about just removing them by clicking them and pressing delete?

LinLou
October 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Smart! but no.. i want to be able to access the "change desktop background" option by right clicking and not from System-->Preferences.

MelDJ
October 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM
i don't get it. you can remove all your icons and still right click the desktop to change the desktop background

LinLou
October 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I dont want to be able to create folders or put stuff on my desktop. Athough i want to be able to right click in the desktop.. i dont want to disable it completely.. Is this possible?

Thnx

iExist
January 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Press Alt+F2 and type:

gconf-editorNavigate to “apps > nautilus > preferences” and on the right-side look for “show_desktop”. Toggling this will toggle, in real-time, the icons from being displayed on your Desktop

I just went through the same problem. That just disables everything. Instead though you have to navigate to "apps>nautilus>desktop"