PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] if i install the release candidate now, how easy will it be to upgrade it in a week?

triplesick
October 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
hi.

irrelevant: i have all these tests next week, and i know i'm going to get so excited about karmic that i'll interrupt my studying to install it, which could take up a lot of time. that's why i am asking.

question: i want to do a completely clean install of 9.10 on my existing partition, erasing all of my 9.04 settings and apps. if i download the 9.10RC now and perform such an install, will it be simple to update it to the final release later this week, or will i have to burn another CD, etc?

many thanks

howefield
October 24th, 2009, 07:48 PM
hi.

irrelevant: i have all these tests next week, and i know i'm going to get so excited about karmic that i'll interrupt my studying to install it, which could take up a lot of time. that's why i am asking.

question: i want to do a completely clean install of 9.10 on my existing partition, erasing all of my 9.04 settings and apps. if i download the 9.10RC now and perform such an install, will it be simple to update it to the final release later this week, or will i have to burn another CD, etc?

many thanks

Just keep updating from the RC and you'll have the final release.

Not so irrelevant : Tests come first ;) and do back up all your stuff, not a nice time for you for something to go wrong.

triplesick
October 25th, 2009, 01:39 AM
karmic installed. great success :)