PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 rc crash report?

Guns90
October 24th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hi guys. I've gotten real anxious waiting on Karmic's release, so I just downloaded the RC to take a look at it. When I loaded up first disk I made, I ran a check disk and the report said:

Check finished: errors found in 1 files!
Press any key to reboot your system.

I ran it again and got the same thing. I made another disk, ran check disk, and again I got the same report. I rebooted and loaded the Live CD. It seemed to load up all right, but for the first time ever in ubuntu, I saw a 'Crash Report Detected' symbol at the top of the screen. I clicked on it and got a 'Kernel Problem' window. It said:

Your system encountered a serious kernel problem. Your system might become unstable now and might need to be restarted.

You can help the developers to fix the problem by reporting it. (It provided me a Report Problem button and a Close button.)

I clicked on the report problem button and it responded with a message that said something to the effect of ' thanks, but we know about this already'. I rebooted the computer just to see if it would work properly a second time around. I got the same results, but this time closed the Kernel Problem window.

Has anyone else experienced this, or do I just have a bad .iso?

Rim
October 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
<.< basically means that the problem is known, 9.10 is still in development and they r working on it, wait a day or so and try an upgrade, usually they include the fix in the updates. That should fix it once they sorted the issue.

Guns90
October 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks RIM.