PDA

View Full Version : [kde] A few kde questions

Thrasonic
October 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone.

First question - When I log into Kubuntu (8.10) The screen tells me I'm running kde 4.1. If I open Amarok and go Help | About KDE it says the following: Amarok 1.4.10 using KDE 3.5.10. Is one of these being used for my desktop environment while the other is being used strictly for older applications like my older version of Amarok?

Second question - I'd like to go ahead and upgrade Amarok to something newer. Since I'm a little confused by what version of kde is being used for what I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Thrasonic
October 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM
bump

kellemes
October 25th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone.

First question - When I log into Kubuntu (8.10) The screen tells me I'm running kde 4.1. If I open Amarok and go Help | About KDE it says the following: Amarok 1.4.10 using KDE 3.5.10. Is one of these being used for my desktop environment while the other is being used strictly for older applications like my older version of Amarok?

Second question - I'd like to go ahead and upgrade Amarok to something newer. Since I'm a little confused by what version of kde is being used for what I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Not sure if this is what you want.. but I'd upgrade the hole system to the latest Kubuntu-release (maybe even 9.10 rc). You'll be getting the latest KDE4, including Amarok.

Thrasonic
October 26th, 2009, 02:36 PM
That's certainly an option. Is there a way to upgrade Kubuntu where I won't lose all of my custom settings?