PDA

View Full Version : anyone see law abiding citizen?

mamamia88
October 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
i want to go see it but the person i want to see it with doesn't want to go because they say it has 23% on rotten tomatoes. anyone see it and have an opinion?

gnomeuser
October 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM
i want to go see it but the person i want to see it with doesn't want to go because they say it has 23% on rotten tomatoes. anyone see it and have an opinion?

Tell him/her that the opinion of others isn't a good indication of quality. Titanic e.g. gets 82% on RT.

Regardless, when it arrives here in Denmark it made my to watch list, probably on DVD though.

CharmyBee
October 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Tell him/her that the opinion of others isn't a good indication of quality.
True. My favorite action movie Death Wish III has a 0% rating at RT. I still love it as ever, no professional critic can tell me what films to enjoy and what I can't.

jaxxstorm
October 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM

You're better off making your own judgement about a film.

The imaginarium of Doctor Parnusses for example got 58% on RT, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - 58% is generous

plb
October 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I saw it. It's not bad but also not great. It's somewhat like the movie death sentence.

HermanAB
October 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
It is OK, not very good, but you won't wish for your money back. An outragious plot of course, some minor inconsistensies, but OK.

Firestem4
October 24th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I hate Rotten Tomatoes ratings. My favorite movie ever, Kingdom of Heaven, has a 39% rating on there. I personally think the critics on RT are full of crack, I have not once cared for their opinions on any movie.

Aside from that I haven't seen Law Abiding Citizen but I am planning on it.